The Top 10 Steps to a successful holiday season. Balancing a budget, and managing expenses each month, can be a challenge. This time of year is no exception. In fact, with the holiday season right around the corner, it can become a juggling act. This makes it even more important to plan ahead and take these 10 Steps to achieve the most successful and safe 2016 Holiday Season.
- Be Prepared. Getting ready means making a holiday budget. With all the additional purchases, don’t get stuck in a bad position with your basics: rent, electric, phone, and home maintenance, to name a few. Make an itemized and prioritized list and stick to it. Then add an additional 25% on top for “miscellaneous- unexpected” expenses that occur, especially this time of year, whether you plan for it, or not.
- Price Shop Beforehand. That new set of tires you desperately need, may be available at a great price during the holidays. Study the ads—in print and online to determine who has the best deals. Compare each one side by side. Make a list including how much that item normally costs vs how much it will be on sale and from each retailer including estimated delivery charges and taxes.
- No Tax for Online Purchases if….the retailer does not have a “physical presence” in your state, and your state normally charges sales tax (some states don’t). You can save $30 on that new set of tires you need to arrive safely at Grandma’s house.
- Shipping Costs? Don’t forget to add on shipping costs for online estimates. Many retailers offer free shipping. That set of tires ship free from Amazon.com, if you purchase a Prime Membership. Some retailers offer free shipping with a minimum purchase of $50 or more, for example. Kohl’s, Target, Ulta and other retailers have free shipping offers. Now, many retailers offer free pick up at their store or participating partner locations.
- Find-the-Deal Sites. That’s all they do, is find the best deals for you – dealgenius.com and com. You can save $100’s on high-ticket items like a washer-dryer.
- Price Shopping. New ways to ensure you are getting a good savings when comparing prices are: FatWallet.com and PriceGrabber.com. Check out: PriceWatch.com, Shopping.com, and ShopZilla to make sure you can’t do better elsewhere.
- Down Load Mobile Apps. ShopSavvy and BuyVia let you scan bar codes to compare prices, get discounts, and score coupons from local retailers.
- Sign-up for Price-Drop Alerts. These online price trackers notify you with price changes, and when saved items go on sale: pricepinx.com, shopittome.com. For Amazon price trackers try: camelcamelcamel.com, onlinepricealert.com.
- Think Local – Online Shopping and Big Box stores have become the go-to “location” for comparison shopping. Consider local too. Many local shops and boutiques offer better deals, better service, unique items, and more charm and spirit. Don’t rule out the little guys to support your community. Take a walk downtown and see the holiday lights.
- Travel Safe – Traveling during the holiday season can take a little more planning. Remember to pack for longer trips and longer stays, considering the kids, traffic, and mealtime interruptions with healthy road trip snacks. Make sure to keep your cell phone fully charged and try to take home items between shopping trips. Pay attention to you and your belongings when walking through parking lots and crowded spaces.
- Need Cash Now? Title Pro knows how important it is to have cash when you need it quickly. When expenses pile up during the holiday season, visit Title Pro online for the cash you need. No lines, No traffic, at your convenience. Apply online and finish the process online – quick and simple! Find out how much cash you can get.
About Title Pro
At Title Pro, we understand you don’t have the time to spend countless hours going to bank branches or loan stores, filling out mounds of paper work to get quick cash. That’s why Title Pro offers you a secured online loan at a competitive rate. You apply online, you get a decision online, and you complete the process online. It’s quick, it’s transparent, and it’s straightforward.
Title Pro gives you the power to make your car’s equity work for you. We’re only a keystroke away.